Saturday, September 10, 2011

What Is a True friend?

Someone asked me to Write about being a friend. This was funny to me because thats not something that can be described but something that should come natural as a developing person. I have a handful of friends that I can actually call a friend, and its not because they hangout with me and we party to the wee hours of the morning drunk and out of control, even though this is something that I have done with them, but because they have literally been through wars with me, fought and made up with me, they are not afraid  to tell me when I'm wrong or when I'm making a fool of myself. I pride my strengths on having such strong females and males that not only stand with me but represent the very essence of who I'am.

A friend, is not like family in many ways they know you better then those who share your  bloodline. These are people you choose to have in your life. People you have hand picked to trust with your secrets, tell all your dreams, plan the craziest things with and who should always even when times are bad know that there can never be another like you. A true friend is something I have learned to be with time and patience. It took losing them to silly mistake, to gaining their trust back and learning to appreicate them fully and whole hearted.

One thing a friend is not and can never be is untrustworthy. You can not build a life long bond with someone you can not trust with your life. Sometimes without knowing we often choose friends because we like to lie to ourselves about who we are or escape reality with people we know are going nowhere fast, just for the goodtime or the time away from dealing with our everyday problems. The friend who will watch as you fall on your face, humiliate yourself, and talk about you behind your back. These are the friends who will never help build that strong person with in you. I know that sometimes we are blinded to the things around us but just like seasons people change and with time will show you just who they are and there intentions in your life.So for the person who asked for this blog, my suggestion to you is to evaluate the people you call friends and if at the end of the evaluation you see that there is no benefit of being friends with this person and I dont mean material things, but actual connection with this individual then i think you need to do a process of elimination. Honestly watch as you change the patterns of your life for the better you will notice how many of your so called friends stay around for the ride. Pick and Choose Wisely. '

 Quote: If you come into my life with no intentions of making it better then you are wasting my time. Will Smith

Thanks to all of those that read and support simplyebby please leave me messages  on my facebook for things you want me to blog about. Until the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment